The Curtis name is synonymous with a full line of the world’s most advanced, top-of-the-line commercial coffee brewing equipment, iced tea brewing systems and specialty beverage dispensers.
Founded in 1941, Curtis has remained a family-owned business that is committed to the principles of quality workmanship, personal loyalty and family values. The company has also embraced new innovations and technologies to better meet the needs of an ever-changing market. Its impressive list of company milestones include:
- Early 1980s - Introduced the original GEMINI® Coffee Brewing System. This hybrid between an urn and a decanter brewer provided the first removable insulated server, the Satellite, an industry standard to this day.
- Late 1980s - Unveiled the ALPHA™ line of decanter brewers with a broad choice of warmer configurations to meet individual operator needs.
- Early 1990s - Created a C-store revolution with the Primo Cappuccino™ specialty beverage machine; unprecedented quality, backlit graphics and full adjustability.
- Mid 1990s - Introduced the industry’s first line of true digitally controlled coffee equipment based on its exclusive Advanced Digital System™ (ADS) technology. And, became the first commercial coffee equipment manufacturer to achieve ISO 9001.
- 2000s –Presented the next evolution of digital brewing and dispensing controls called Generation Three™ (G3), utilizing a sealed digital board, LCD interface, full programmability, reduced operating and service costs and more.Introduced the PCGT. The next generation of the Primo Cappuccino, providing fresh, new “European” design, G3 digital controls, enhanced reliability and profitability.Opened its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Montebello, California. Together with manufacturing, this new facility has streamlined operations by consolidating sales, customer service, R&D, and distribution under one roof.
- 2010s –Maximizing coffee freshness has been a priority of the innovations and engineering of this new decade. New brewing systems and technology that not only maintain but also communicate freshness cycles, lead operations into a new era of coffee quality.Generation Four™ was also developed and deployed, a series of equipment that would transform coffee brewing. G4’s easy to use, icon-driven touch screen interface provides users greater flexibility and unsurpassed control over all brewing functions.The IntelliFresh™ system, created for the venerable GEMINI® Brewing System, enhances its ability to create, hold and “lock In” Golden Cup quality coffee for hours.Curtis reforms decanter brewers with the addition of the FreshTrac™. A system that enhances a simple decanter to communicate the freshness of the coffee and alert operators when it’s time for a new brew. Innovative, simple and highly visual it communicates time and volume at a glance, even from across the room.The Curtis Thermal FreshTrac™ System (TFT), is designed to fit Curtis Thermal Servers and is an innovative, simple and highly visual system for restaurants, c-stores and other high-volume foodservice operations. Activated from the moment coffee is brewed, it monitors time and volume at a glace and ensures cup after cup of fresh, delicious coffee.G4 Omega Brewing System brought ultra high-volume foodservice operations the ability to brew and deliver cup after cup of perfectly fresh quality coffee – up to 36 gallons per hour, into 3 gallon vacuum insulated servers that give this brewer the perfect synthesis of quantity and quality.The Curtis Gold Cup Single Cup Brewer gave operations the ability to craft perfect cups of Golden Cup coffee. Striking and sleek, the under counter Seraphim™ is Curtis’ second-generation single cup coffee brewer. It’s not only one of the most powerful and most technologically advanced brewers ever built; it is now one of the best looking as well.
With four generations of the Curtis family and a 73-year heritage, the company has artfully aligned quality and customer service with high-tech ingenuity to build a name the industry can trust